Home » Clergy & Religious » Vicar for Priests
Clergy & Religious
Vicar for Priests
Very Rev. William G. Dewan
16555 Weber Road
Crest Hill, IL 60403
(815) 722-6632 (Fax)
Episcopal Vicar for Priests:
The Vicar for Priests is appointed by the Diocesan Bishop and also serves as the Priest Personnel Director. He provides curial support to the Diocesan Bishop and to the Priest Personnel Board. He is an agent of the Diocesan Bishop ministering with the priests on the Bishop's behalf. The Vicar for Priests' ministry must remain in external forum so that all information and issues have to be available to the Diocesan Bishop.
The Vicar for Priests Office handles:
- Priest personnel matters
- Extern priests
- Immigration issues for priests
- Pastoral care and support of priests
- Parishioner concerns involving priests
Priest Personnel Board:
The Priest Personnel Board is a consultative body that advises the Diocesan Bishop on matters that involve the priests of the diocese, such as:
- The assignments of priests after a careful consideration of the priest's ministerial skills and the pastoral needs of a given parish/ministry.
- Participate in strategic planning when it involves the placement of priests.
- The development of policies which affect the life and ministry of priests.
- Formation and implementation protocol for a periodic review of priestly ministry.
- Recommendations to the Bishop on the management of priest personnel issues (excluding child protection matters).